The 4th Generation, launched in September 2018, is an improvement over 3rd Generation Matrix as it is significantly stronger, and therefore in most cases does not require reinforcement / cladding. It also has lower prices than the previous generations.
The 3rd Generation was launched in January 2014. It's improvements over the 2nd Generation include:
- Twice the load carrying capacity before bending (6 times up from 1st Generation) with less reinforcement needed
- Lower cost
- Flexible components throughout system (not just basic connectors)
- Modular covering system, shear and pressure relief
- With modular cover unparalleled access and vision of support surface
- Modular cover allows customised shower supports possible for first time
The 2nd Generation was launched in 2002 (this is still available for purchase from us). It was developed to improve upon the original generation and it's improvements include:
- Three times load carrying capacity before slip
- Flexible components for in-seat dynamic movement
- "Door" technique for spinal orthotic correction within the seating shell
- Clamp rotation giving enhanced 3D shaping
- Thin metal and carbon fibre reinforcement available
The 1st/Original Generation was launched in 1984, after a 3-year development programme (over 30 years ago) in the early eighties. It featured on Tomorrow's World, a British TV innovations program. It also won a prestigious Design Council award (in the UK) in the mid-eighties.